The Ministry of the Environment was re-established as of 2 November 2010 to function as the central state administrative authority and supreme inspection authority in environmental affairs. To guarantee and inspection activity of the Government of the Slovak Republic, the Ministry of the Environment co-ordinates the activities of all Ministries and other central state administrative authorities of the Slovak Republic in environmental matters.
- nature and landscape protection
- waste management
- protection of water resources and the quality of groundwater and surface water
- fisheries and forestry in national parks
- environmental impact assessment of activities and their consequences
- air protection,
- geological works,
- genetically modified organism.
- national environmental policy
- unified information system on environment and area monitoring